Zego is a technology company that automates work for property management companies and homeowner associations. We aim to create a world with extraordinary living experiences that are delivered effortlessly, serving 7,000+ customers and 15+ million units nationwide. Zego’s workflow automations help clients to digitize all resident and homeowner payments, completely offload utility management, and simplify operations at apartment buildings with a modern mobile app. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the property technology landscape of tomorrow.
About the role:
Zego is currently seeking a Software Engineer to support and develop new features for our Property Management Platform. The ideal candidate will be a driven, team player working on a small focused team. Additionally, the Engineer will participate in the planning, designing and developing of new feature functionality for software applications per customer or internal specifications as well as Identifying, troubleshooting and updating existing applications. The engineering team at Zego uses the Lean/Agile development methodology. A high degree of teamwork and flexibility are essential for this position.
Why you should work here:
* Opportunity to work on modern technologies, architectures and best practices
* Exciting team environment with opportunities to collaborate across teams and functions
* An engineering culture that dedicates time to promote learning new technical skills
* Fun company events and in-office perks OR work remotely from anywhere in the US and join us virtually
What you'll do here:
* Implement software feature functionality according to business requirements and architectural design guidelines.
* Design technical software solutions based on business requirements, architectural design guidelines, and inputs from subject matter experts (SMEs)
* Create effective unit tests for software modules that plug into the continuous build/deployment infrastructures.
* Participate in discovery and design of new feature development and enhancements.
* Participate in all segments of the Agile development methodology as implemented at Zego.
* Work with business stakeholders and/or QA staff as necessary to refine requirements.
* Maintain and provide ongoing support of existing applications
* Operate within the Lean Kanban development methodology
* Minimum 6 years relevant experience in software engineering
* Working knowledge of Typescript, NodeJS and REST API development
* Fundamental experience with object-oriented programming
* Experience with relational databases and complex SQL commands
* Experience with Git, GitHub, Pull Requests and Peer Reviews
* Strong understanding of authentication protocols and SSO
* Working knowledge of Lean/Kanban and DevOps SDLC, its ceremonies and principles
* Ability to demonstrate advanced software engineering concepts and design patterns
* Strong desire to expand and enhance skills through working with fellow Sr. Engineers and business stakeholders.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
* Experience with MongoDB databases
* Experience working with payment processor APIs (such as PayPal, Stripe, Plaid or Worldpay)
* Knowledge of Cloud Service Providers (specifically AWS)
* Experience working as a Full Stack Engineer or on a Full Stack team
* Experience integrating third party APIs (Google, AWS, etc.)
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $88,800 - $140,000 + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Zego is a property management automation company that simplifies cumbersome yet critical workflows for managers and associations. Our modern platform accelerates Net Operating Income growth and mitigates risk, helping clients to scale resources, build trust, and make data-backed decisions. Zego seamlessly integrates with leading property management systems, giving users real-time and accurate information at their fingertips.
Since its inception in 2003, Zego (a Global Payments company) has evolved from a leading payments provider to a comprehensive property management automation platform. With more than 350 employees and the backing of a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: GPN), Zego serves 7,000 residential real estate companies and over 15 million units nationwide. Learn more about what makes Zego one of the best workflow automation platforms for property management at gozego.com.