Summary of This Role
Leads cross-functional teams to provide agile-based project deliverables and facilitates the team's work to accelerate delivery of business value by ensuring adherence to Scrum methodologies and processes. Facilitates internal and external communication, removes impediments, and serves as the intermediary between multiple product owners, managers, and team members. Using strong communication, facilitates the project team through the Scrum process of Release Planning, Sprint Planning for multiple product owners, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. Sets the example for Agile methods based upon the designated principles and ensures they are understood and exercised consistently within the team.
What Part Will You Play?
- Uses the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to conduct Daily Scrum meetings. Guides and develops clear Sprint standards while keeping team engaged and on task. Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices. Provides updates on the team's performance, removing impediments that hinder team progress and facilitates Grooming/Refinement, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives and Daily Standup meetings for the assigned team(s). Guides team to adhere to working agreements, helps to resolve impediments and creates a culture of continuous improvement by fostering empowerment and promoting best practices for platform maintenance and development. Creates a team environment by establishing trust and transparency through collaboration & communication.
- Promotes a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation. Engages team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; encourages discussion and conflict resolution. Initiates, builds and maintains positive relationships with IT and internal customers to help facilitate effective completion of project work.
- Partners with the development leads or appropriate team member for capacity planning and resource allocation in Agile tools. Guards and shields the team(s) from distractions and interruptions from external interferences.
- Coaches teams to break down business requirements into stories and tasks. Promotes and leads team to continuous improvement of structure, processes and tooling to enable the teams to deliver increased value. Champions accountability within and outside the team. Routinely demonstrates a good understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented.
- Uses strong analytical and problem resolution skills to identify difficult sources of impediments.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a related field of study from an accredited university. Additional related TSYS experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Experience Required
- Project management experience preferably within an established IT project management office or serving as a project manager for an Information Technology department. Minimum of 2 years Agile experience.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Strong knowledge of Agile approaches, previous experience with Agile tools and techniques.
- Other Agile project management certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Communication - Has expert communication, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Has highly developed time management skills to manage competing priorities. Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities.
- Issue Resolution - Has highly developed negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve unusual issues within and external to the team.