The Product Development PMO team is looking for an organized, detailed-oriented individual to join our team. Experienced Project Manager and Scrum Master who, in collaboration with the Software Development management team, will take on the management and statusing of key software development projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and scope. This Project Manager will also work closely with the scrum teams, leading them as a scrum master.
- Assist in the management of roadmaps, project scopes and objectives while collaborating with the Product Owner(s), Solution Analyst(s), and Development Manager(s)
- Manages projects that typically require making simple to moderately complex changes to standard processes and plans
- Collaborates, negotiates, and manages issues to resolution. Conducts conflict management with internal stakeholders as requirements are identified, delivery issues arise, and scope changes are requested, etc.
- Gathers project sizing information from appropriate teams, and ensures all projects are properly and accurately estimated and timely billed
- Makes decisions within established processes, methodologies, etc.; with some oversight, makes recommendations outside of established guidelines
- Uses the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to conduct Daily Scrum meetings. Guides and develops clear Sprint standards while keeping the team engaged and on task. Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices. Provides updates on the team's performance, removing impediments that hinder team progress and facilitates Grooming/Refinement, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives and Daily Standup meetings for the assigned team(s). Guides team to adhere to working agreements, helps to resolve impediments and creates a culture of continuous improvement by fostering empowerment and promoting best practices for platform maintenance and development. Creates a team environment by establishing trust and transparency through collaboration & communication.
- Promotes a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation. Engages team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; encourages discussion and conflict resolution. Initiates, builds and maintains positive relationships with Product Owners, IT, and Services to help facilitate effective completion of project work.
- Partners with the development leads or appropriate team members for capacity planning and resource allocation in Agile tools. Guards and shields the team(s) from distractions and interruptions from external interferences.
- Coaches teams to break down business requirements into stories and tasks. Promotes and leads teams to continuous improvement of structure, processes and tooling to enable the teams to deliver increased value. Champions accountability within and outside the team. Routinely demonstrates a good understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented.
- Uses strong analytical and problem resolution skills to identify difficult sources of impediments.
- Responsible for gathering Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for assigned scrum teams, using them to drive change and improvements.
- Being an advocate and a leader for full Product Development team procedures and processes. Taking the lead in helping document and communicate if needed.
- 5 years experience in Project Management within a Software Development organization
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Agile/Scrum/Scrumban/Kanban
- Proven work experience in project management and/or software development
- Demonstrates a proven track record in leading complex product development or major concept projects which involve multiple modules.
- Experience with JIRA
- Bachelor's degree, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and analytical skills including attention to detail and quality
- Ability to manage conflicts and work with multiple teams
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Issue Resolution - Has advanced negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve issues within and external to the team.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Certified Scrum Master and other Agile project management Certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP)
- PMP certification
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, microservices and web technologies
- Proficiency with Google Suite; Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Has advanced time management skills to manage competing priorities
TouchNet, a Global Payments Company, is a pioneer in delivering innovative commerce solutions to Higher Education. Since 1989, colleges and universities have relied on TouchNet to unify and secure transactions everywhere money moves on campus. Today, TouchNet U.Commerce is the premier commerce management system for Higher Education. TouchNet solutions help institutions run campus business better by providing greater control over transactions, costs, compliance, and financial operations.
TouchNet, a Global Payments Company, is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). As “Champions of Inclusion,” we are fully committed and focused on creating a better tomorrow in the communities in which we live and work. Diversity is integral to our culture, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment.