Summary of This Role
Researches and responds to customer requests via mail, email, fax and other means pertaining to cardholder/corporate accounts and ensures compliance with client, regulatory, and Association rules and regulations. Utilizes extensive knowledge of banking products and services to research, update and document cardholder accounts. Recognizes potential fraud, credit, collection and chargeback issues and forwards them to the appropriate department.
Maximum pay is $15 p/hr
What Part Will You Play?
- Becomes familiar with client products and services while assisting with routine updates and documentation (e.g. name/address changes, returned mail, etc.) of cardholder/corporate accounts. Follows client policies and procedures to validate report disputes from appropriate credit bureau systems as directed.
- Becomes familiar and assists with determining/recognizing the basis of cardholder requests that involve potential fraud, credit, collection or chargeback issues and forwards to the appropriate department for resolution. Picks up, reviews, sorts, digitally scans, and distributes mail for appropriate action, as directed.
- Follows basic client standards/policies/procedures, regulations and Association (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) requirements as observed through training, reference material and various software tools to prevent violations and punitive financial action, as directed.
- Schedule will be 8am - 5pm EST Mon - Fri.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Computer skills - Knowledge in applicable software, e.g. Lotus Notes, Global Payments Applications, onBase, Microsoft Office, Credit Bureau system, client websites, payment processing systems
- Communication skills - Frequent written and verbal communication with cardholders, clients and vendors (US Postal Service)
- Industry knowledge - Strong knowledge of government regulations, client policies and Association compliance
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program