D shift hours: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 4:45PM-2:45AM
and overtime will be required as needed.
Summary of This Role
Sets up and operates a variety of automated machines (e.g. several different folders, Muller, die cutter or cutter) used in the production of the company's product. Responsible for the overall operation of machinery including actions such as feeding, folding ,cutting, stitching of materials, adjusting settings, making minor repairs and pulling, inspecting and packaging finished product.
What Part Will You Play?
- Begins to learn the functionality of various Finishing machines (e.g. folder, Muller, die cutter, guillotine cutter, saddle stitcher, etc.) and processes by locating the correct job materials/tickets on the finishing floor and reviewing job specification sheet(s) to complete finishing work for assigned jobs, as directed.
- Reviews production samples with leadership and/or senior level operator during production to ensure adherence to client specifications and quality checklists.
- Packages finished product in cartons, boxes, or pallets, as directed and reviews completed packaging with more experienced operators to ensure adherence to ticket instructions, prior to routing for shipment.
- Learns to document/enter job information such as material usage/scrap and production time required for cost tracking/client billing.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically No Relevant Experience Required
- Prefer 2 years fast production machine experience.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program.